Old October 21st 06, 12:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum

Default Whats in YOUR toolbox?

In addition to the above excellent suggestions,

A foot operated tire pump, tire pressure gauge, and a valve extension if
needed.
Needle nose pliers, small needle nose vise grip, small regular vise grip.

For a contest away from home, everything short of my lathe!
--
Hartley Falbaum
DG 800B "KF" USA

"Bruce Greef" wrote in message
Travis Beach wrote:
Just got my first sailplane...what kind of tools do
you carry everytime you go to the airfield to fly?
Whats in your toolbox? Beach

First point -

Good tools are like gold. Don't take them to the airfield, things develop
wings at airfields. People borrow stuff, and generally remember to return
them. My record is a leatherman that came back after 16 months. (It has my
name engraved on it - and the user eventually noticed it was not his)

I have a cheap set of sockets and combination wrenches, alan keys,
screwdrivers. It helps to have two of the more common sizes. One thing
that may cause you some difficulty, depending on location, is that most
glass toys are made in Europe with metric fasteners.

Most useful thing in the tool box is probably a digital multimeter. It is
amazing how often the electrical bits are doing something puzzling...

Don't forget the hand cleaner, and cleaning kit for the glider.