Old March 7th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Tim

Default equipment list?

Travis Marlatte wrote:
"Jim Macklin" wrote in message

No, it is required by part 43 et al.

This thread is in reference to an equipment list with weight and balance
information. I don't see that in the portions of part 43 that you quoted (or
anywhere else). What you have shown is that work must be documented. Log
book entries and an updated W&B would satisfy those regs. That implies to
me that one could construct an equipment list from the records but not that
an up to date equipment list is to be maintained.

I really am not trying to be confrontational. In fact, I assume that I'm
missing something because both Steve Ellis and Mike Busch claim that it is
necessary. I just don't see it. And, apparently, neither to many pilots and
A&P's because I have never seen such a list kept up to date (in my admitedly
limited exposure to such things).
-------------------------------
Travis
Lake N3094P
PWK

It isn't exactly clear to me - the only thing I see is a reference for
it in part 23 (from Jim's earlier post)- that it has to be part of the
airplane manual. I guess then all other fars about the airplane manual
then come into play. I see nothing in part 91 about it.

I could be wrong. Not a lot of information on this. Certainly not
something that I was taught as a PP student. (And the usual FAR books
that are sold don't even have a part 23 section - I had to look it up
online)