Old August 13th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fred Blair

Default Any details on the Uvalde mid-air / bailout?

For the day, RG1 shows 'no flight log',

"Andy" wrote in message
On Aug 12, 4:28 pm, wrote:

Just received an email from the bailout pilot--Mike Brooks of the
Greater Houston Soaring Assoc. This is his account and is being posted
for the educational purpose of understanding what happened, from his
perspective. The investigation into the accident is still ongoing and
this is his basic account (he was flying a Genesis II):

Thanks for posting the report. Glad both pilots survived what must
have been a very frightening experience.

Any report on damage to the Ventus? I would imagine it must have
received substantial damage too.

We don't have many contest mid-airs. The last one I heard of was also
at Uvalde, also in a thermal, but that resulted in much less damage
and both pilots got home ok.

A bit surprised, perhaps even amused, that RG1 received an airport
bonus. There must be more to that story.

http://www.faa.gov/data_statistics/a...a/10_110RG.txt

Andy