Old February 14th 12, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hagbard Celine

Default How do I ship a glider from CA to TN?

A friend of mine had a glider shipped from the East coast to
Washington state by rail and the managed to do some significant damage
to it. They must hav dropped the trailer while loading or unloading it
from the rail car. When I was buying a new trailer for my glider I
looked into seeing if any of the companies that transport cars and
RV's across country could do it but none of them seemed the least bit
interested in taking my business. Eventually the person selling me the
trailer found a fellow glider pilot who was driving across country and
I paid them to haul it for me (at the time there was no way I could
have taken the time off to go get it myself).

On Feb 14, 12:40*pm, Mike wrote:
On Feb 14, 1:33*pm, Scott Alexander
wrote:

Suppose I wanted to ship a glider from California to Tennessee. *How
would I do that? *Anyone done this before?

I have searched the forum regarding this, but only finding shipping
info to/from internationally.

Thanks!

If it has a decent trailer, ask if someone will transport it for you.
Some folks do it for income.