Old March 10th 04, 09:25 PM
Jay Honeck

I don't think Jay is going to be flying over Pike's Peak (14,110 feet)
unless he gets a Cessna. :-)
Service Ceiling PA28-235 ... 13,550
Service Ceiling C182.........17,700

We've never had any reason to fly higher than 12,500 -- even when we flew to
the Grand Canyon. But we were still climbing pretty smartly when we leveled
off, so I wonder about that ceiling. (Doubt I'll be finding out anytime
soon, however. I don't have an oxygen system.)

current values $63,000 $79,000

Pfffft! What year are these prices from? I haven't seen a decent
Pathfinder go for less than $80K since we bought ours in 2002. There are
several for sale in T-A-P for $95K+.

useful load (lbs) 1,450 1,305

Yep, that's what makes the Pathfinder such an awesome plane. To be able to
haul four 200 pounders, full tanks, AND baggage is a wonderful thing.

best rate of climb SL (fpm) 800 890

Totally bogus. We routinely see 1000+ fpm. Although, to be fair, our
Pathfinder has every speed mod ever made for it, so I don't know what a
stock bird would do.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA