Old December 2nd 04, 05:13 PM
Frank Stutzman

Bob Chilcoat wrote:
To separate the pieces
you simply pull the "hinge pins" (stainless steel wires running the length
of the wings) out and the leading and trailing edge pieces pull away from
the spar, exposing most of the inside of the wings. This makes it easy to
get inside the wing for complete inspection of the spar and everything else.

Easy in theory. In practice, removing the "hinge pin" thats been in place
for 50+ years is near impossible. The only thing more difficult is
threading one back in. Must confess, I've never done it personally, but
the stories to be told...

On the otherhand, when Beech built the first Bonanzas, I'm sure they
didn't expect that they would still be flying 50 years later.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl" (1949 A35)