Old December 6th 04, 03:22 PM
Corky Scott

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:31:13 -0500, "George A. Graham"
wrote:

Corky,

Are you making loud noise in the woods yet?

I figure that you should be blowing leaves by now.

BTW, I know someone with nine lives, who is developing his auto
conversion in the sky. Made me think of you, and hoping that you
see many hours of ground test. (I did almost 40 hrs before flight)

George Graham

Work has temporarily halted, although a full slate of engine
development on the ground is the plan.

My wife decided that after watching me spend lots of money on a toy
for 15 years, it was time we put something back into the house, like a
totally renovated kitchen.

I didn't have to think twice, I pitched in immediately, no question.
How could I not? She's been extremely supportive regarding the
"project", even though it's useless except for me to bore holes in the
sky with it once it's finished. She is not thrilled about flying
although she dutifully goes with me once a year or so for a tour of
the upper valley. It's pathetically obvious she's uncomfortable. The
pressure changes hurt her ears.

So I've been carpenter, electrician and plumber for the last several
months, instead of airplane builder.

The old wall hung cabinets have been removed, the stain sanded off and
have been revarnished. They'll get new glass doors, which I will not
be doing. The new floor cabinets have arrived just this past Saturday
and I spent both days of the weekend varnishing their exterior. There
are 8 of the things and each one takes at least an hour to varnish,
not to mention the extra panels that will be decorating the backside
of the pennisula, which also require varnishing.

I'll also have to install the new dishwasher and stove, when they get
here.

So there has been no time for play. My wife was worried that I'd be
upset that I could not work on the airplane. I appreciate her
concern, but the priority is crystal clear: House/marriage always
trumps expensive play thing.

I probably will not be able to return to steady work on the Christavia
until sometime in March. Too bad because I'm very very close to
firing up the engine for the first time. It's sitting in it's test
stand with the instrument panel with all the instruments I need pretty
much wired up except an EGT guage. I probably will not be able to buy
that as they are pretty expensive.

I was going to send out the headers to be Jet Hot coated but they
recommend that I run the engine for a bit before sending them to their
coating plant. That suits me, I don't want to delay running the
engine once I'm back at it again.

Corky (I'm bushed) Scott