Old July 17th 10, 10:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Best place to get gliding lessons?

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:13:16 -0700, Jack Hamilton wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:24:30 +0000 (UTC), Martin Gregorie
wrote:

- What about the peeing arrangements?

This was aimed at used rather than new gliders - AFAIK there are no
relief tubes in new gliders but my Libelle has a fitting, installed by an
unknown previous owner, that lets me unplug a port behind the stick and
shove an exit tube down it and clear of the glider's underside. That sort
of system aside, the provision may simply be a pouch for storing freezer
bags.

As a student pilot with a small bladder, I'm interested in the answer to
that question. I'm learning in an ASK-21, and it seems to me that the
combination of a bucket seat and a 5 point seat belt makes a solution
difficult.

Indeed, hence the interest in external catheters and relief tubes.

Learning to match your drinking rate to your sweating and vapour
exhalation rate helps a lot too.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK