Old June 19th 19, 02:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]

Default Boeing Says It's Open to Changing the Name of the 737 Max to Something That's Not Associated With Plane Crashes

Miloch wrote in
:

more at
https://gizmodo.com/boeing-says-its-...name-of-the-73
7-ma-1835614102

After three months of being grounded following two fatal crashes in
Ethiopia and Indonesia, the 737 Max may be up for a rebranding.

Boeing’s chief financial officer Greg Smith said on Monday at the
Paris Air Show that the aerospace company is considering changing the
name of its now infamous airplane, Bloomberg reports.

“I’d say we’re being open-minded to all the input we get,” Smith told
Bloomberg. “We’re committed to doing what we need to do to restore it.
If that means changing the brand to restore it, then we’ll address
that. If it doesn’t, we’ll address whatever is a high priority.”

The statement comes two months after President Donald Trump suggested
in a tweet that Boeing should rebrand the 737 Max.

Who else remembers "Freedom Fries" and "Freedom Toast"?

http://tinyurl.com/y3emndm8