Old September 1st 05, 03:04 AM
john smith

Bob Fry wrote:
Ah, finally we see an example of "conservative compassion."
They're there because they're there. No fricking place is safe,
Jay. Next time some huge blizzard shuts down the mid-west for days or
weeks I'll remember your answer. Next time a tornado rips through
I'll ask, "why the hell were you living there?"
I mean ****, Jay. Life is 100% fatal. What's the point? Why eat
breakfast? You'll just be hungry again at lunch. It's all fricking
pointless.

Bob, how much money has been spent on the south to recover from the
repeated hurricane damage?

How much money has been spent on the midwest from blizzard, flood and
tornado recovery?

My perception is hundreds of billions in the south vice tens of billions
for the midwest.

The midwest tax base is steadily shrinking do to loss of jobs to other
locals. Money repeatedly spent to hurricane damaged infrastructure in
the south siphons money away from repairing the crumbling midwest
infrastructure even once.

I don't mind my tax dollars going where needed, but to repeatedly spend
money on the same things says that the money is not being spent correctly.