Old December 29th 05, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cessna air vents

Matt wrote:
Hello everyone. It's getting a little chilly around here now; I have seen
the "ventubes" that are being sold for $75 apiece. Has anyone simply taped
over the inlet in the wing root? I was thinking of giving this a try,
seeing that there is no real need for cold air ventilation at this time of
year.

The problem is, just putting plain old duct tape on the vents isn't
legal. To make it legal, what you need to do is get a FAA 337 form
and a roll of STC duct tape. Use the STC duct tape to tape the 337
form over the vent and you're good to go.