Old September 10th 04, 04:02 AM
smjmitchell

If anyone has a picture I would like to see it too.

There was a report in Aviation Week (I think) a few years back of a similar
long duration rotorcraft UAV being developed by the designers of the
Predator drone (General Atomics ?). There were pictures in this article. The
pictures were artists impressions because the aircraft had yet to fly at the
time of the article. I have heard nothing more about this aircraft since the
article appeared. Anyone know more ?

"Dave Jackson" wrote in message
An interesting concept. Large chord and relatively slow turning wings
(rotor blades) may work, but it's maximum forward speed is probably very
slow.

Perhaps an unmanned modern airship, particularly if it is filled with
hydrogen, might do just as good. In fact, in a no-wind or low-wind

situation
the airship should offer a better loiter time.

"sanman" wrote in message
om...
Here's something I was reading:

So beyond the mere claim of being more efficient, why would it actually

be
so?

The claim of hovering for 4 days is quite a jump, when compared to

Global
Hawk.

Is this even vaguely realistic?