Old September 20th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

Default Flaps on take-off and landing

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:41:39 -0400, Margy Natalie
wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:
Margy Natalie writes:

If you want to fly in a tin can go commercial. Why would I want to ride
in a Greyhound bus when I can drive my Audi?

That doesn't answer my question. How much would it cost to rent a 737
instead of a tiny plastic plane? Just because you prefer a tiny plane
for your leisure doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same way.

In reality, I don't know of any practical way to fly large jets in
real life for pleasure. Even John Travolta doesn't seem to get around
much in his 707, and it's a crusty old airframe compared to the modern
aircraft that some of us might prefer to fly (I'm sure he had to
compromise, as I don't think he really prefers the 707 to more recent
equipment).

That's the same as saying I can't afford to own a car because who would
want a POS Audi when a Rolls is really the only choice! You seem to
want everyone to think flying is only for the rich and famous, when in
reality it's for anyone who wants to make it a reality. No, you can't
have a 747, but you can't have a Rolls either. If you drive a ****box
you might have to fly an ultra-light, if you have the Rolls you might
have a G-4. Who would want a 747, they are old and big and lumber
through the skies. BTW Travolta used to have a Connie, now that was a
cool plane.

Amen!

We were taking off from Detroit metro with a Connie rolling out in
front of us and a 707 on short final. We went over the Connie as it
turned off and the 707 rolled past under us. That sure was a pretty
sight. (Things were a bit different back in those days):-))

Margy

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com