Old October 21st 12, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Notes on the Vertica 2, Gliderguider PNA

On Saturday, October 20, 2012 4:42:30 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Tom...please expand on running WPP on your GliderGuider.

Before your post, it was my understanding there was not a PNA version available for WPP. Does GliderGuider run the old PDA version of WPP? If it is the old version, can you confirm all WPP features are working on your PNA?

Or, did you purchase a new WPP version specifically written for a PNA device? If yes, who do I contact to purchase WPP-PNA?

I have e-mailed the WinPilot website with the same questions but there has not been a response.

of On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:20:56 PM UTC-4, Tom Kelley #711 wrote:

I have just installed WinPilot PRO 12.02 for PNA's (yes, PNA's) on the V2. I now have 2 soaring programs installed on the PNA (not the storage card) including extra maps and TP's. I still have ample room to even add another soaring program which I will due shortly. I can operate even more from the mini SD card.

WinPilot PRO is asking for information from my CAI 302. The serial cable is not here yet, so its just going to have to wait. Runs fine in simulator mode.

Important: If you are installing any software on the V2 which requires a password, you first need to disable "spell check" and "suggested words." Settingsinputword completionnow on this page you need to uncheck 2 boxes. Simple and now you can run the program and enter your password.

Now, on my other recent post, this was done just to help those who might like some information. It was my bad that I just posted links on my page which would lead readers to information if they so desired. I do believe that everyone is very thankful as to where we are now versus where we have been. Many have done a lot of hard work on their programs and rightly are proud of their work. Sure, it would be nice if we all could drive a new F 12 or ZR1 to shop at Wal Mart, but its just not so for many of us. Its all about choices we have these days and I do think that's something we all should be grateful for.

Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe.

#711.

The PNA version should run on this device (it is Windows Mobile). There is a PRO version, but it sounds like it may not be fully implemented or tested.. If you download the v12 file, you will find it labeled V10. There is some hope that it would work, or work well enough. The question mark is whether the serial ports get correctly configured.

Too bad Winpilot doesn't do one last gasp for this device - I think there would be fair demand as the screen brightness seems to be a large step up from anything else that runs WPP. And even though effectively unsupported there are some of us who think WPP is still a step above the others.

We are eagerly awaiting the results of Tom's tests.....