Old June 1st 11, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Beckman[_2_]

Default Launch Order

At 16:18 31 May 2011, Martin Gregorie wrote:

Where I fly, also UK, at busy times we run two winch queues: one for
training and trial flights in two seaters and the other for single

seaters

and private two-place gliders. Both queues operate on a first-come, first

served basis. We tried using two winches but found little benefit from
that as in practice the main delay is from ab initio and trial flight
briefings: if both queues contain gliders and an instructor is busy
briefing, the single seat line gets launched until he's ready.

Why would a glider that is not ready to launch be in
the launch queue? Seems odd to me, but hey, I'm from
the Colonies, so I think simple thoughts.

Jim Beckman