Old July 7th 20, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Bick (DY)

Default liability insurance

On Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 7:00:04 AM UTC-6, Morris Carter wrote:
Any ideas on liability insurance for older pilots that can't get glider
insurance.

Since none of the responses I'm reading address your question, I'll take a stab at one possibility. It appears you aren't an SSA member. Have you contacted Costello and asked about insurability under the SSA group insurance program? You must be an SSA member to qualify, but I've found it more than worth it. I am past mid-70s and have no issues for being insured for liability or hull insurance under the group program. I recently (last month) added another motorglider, no questions asked other than for how much hull and liability. I currently have a few hundred thou under insurance, including liability. There have been no questions regarding age (but they do know what it is).
'