Old May 14th 05, 05:17 PM
Michel Talon

Nyal Williams wrote:
These are scary numbers; this sport appears to be in
much worse shape than sailing. I'd like to know the
production numbers for stock sailboats above 35ftOA.

Yes, these are abolutely horrendous numbers, in particular, the French
number is incredibly low. By comparison, i have found numbers of
sailboats sold by the French group Beneteau-Jeanneau in 2004, around 4500
boats. The German group Bavaria is around 2800 sailing boats, and my document
says that the French production is 30% of the international production.
You can find the document here
http://www.boursorama.com/infos/ipo/.../poncin_pp.pdf
around page 45.
If this is not proof that the activity is dying i don't know what a proof is.

--

Michel TALON