Old May 31st 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval

Default Defense against UAV's

wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:

An Iranian UAV was able to circle a U.S. aircraft carrier undetected
for 25 minutes.

How can we protect our forces against UAV's when other countries or
terrorist
organizations start using them against us?

Carrier launches it's own swarm of 1/6 scale Hellcats to cut the
intruders' crepe-paper streamers with their props...

Finally someone's thinking straight. Personally I'd forget all the high-tech
stuff and go for an old WWII carrier with Seafires on it. No swarm of UAVs
can match that, plus all the WWII pilot wanabees get to fly. If a flight is
sent to intercept a flock of birds, oh well, at least they've flown. If they
come across hostile UAVs its time to check the lightbulb in that good old
reflector gunsight and go weapons hot.