Old April 18th 16, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default Auto-Towing - why is this not more popular?

On Monday, April 18, 2016 at 6:09:54 PM UTC+12, wrote:
Hello Sean,
here in Croatia we often launching with car: thousands of launchs in last ten years. Have a 1600 m length of space, rope 550 m and 350-400 m height (Blanik with two pilots).
Please give me some details about Hobbs (www site if you have).
In this year we want to launch at 1000 m.

What can you say about maintenance time and costs for the launch vehicle?
How many launches an hour can you do? (assuming a queue of gliders waiting)