Old May 21st 16, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Auto-Towing - why is this not more popular?

Hello Boris,

Roach Dry Lake is about 6 miles long, I think, and they use about 2/3 of
that for launching. They use a truck with 1,800 feet of rope and
release altitudes are usually about 1,350 feet. They have the ground
launch weekends in April and October. Check here for details and
contact Las Vegas Valley Soaring Association directly for the latest
information. http://www.lvvsa.org/#!safaris/c5n2
http://www.lvvsa.org/#%21safaris/c5n2

Since I now have a Stemme, I don't need assisted launches any more, but
I may still come just because the people are so nice.

Regards,

Dan

On 5/21/2016 5:53 AM, wrote:
Hello Dan, can I come next year for the Ground Launch Weekend? Please for details about location and near big town. How long is Roach Dry Lake and how long is usefull part for launch?
Here in Poland we have old millitary hard runway (12.000 f). We want to achieve over 3000 f height.
Boris from Croatia, Slovenia and Poland

--
Dan, 5J