Old January 12th 04, 11:26 AM
Vaughn

"Jamey Jacobs" wrote in message
om...
In discussions with other US glider pilots recently, and based on a
quick search of the FARs, I believe that US pilots with PPL-Glider
rating do not need any endorsements or sign-off to go cross country.
If anyone knows differently, let me know.

Perhaps Judy will confirm, but the only cross country endorsement I
know of pertains to student pilots, a PPL needs no further permission to go
cross country. That said, cross country training is highly recommended.

There are many things that a PPL can do without permission or further
training that may not be a good idea,

Vaughn