Old May 31st 17, 09:36 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Thank you Andreas, I do believe I used the past tense "had."

That being said I understand from some highly reliable sources that the intended use of the CG hook was for ground launches. If you think of where a string is attached to a KITE, it is not attached to the nose, it is attached where it is attached for a reason. However it is not my intention to cause any problems for the CG hook glider pilots out there....rather to give a fighting chance to the tow pilot to release quickly and effectively when the need arises. I have heard from tow pilots who will not tow a CG hook glider with a Schweizer on the tow plane.

I may be "Persona Non Grata" in the soaring world but I feel compelled to move forward in this endeavor. I have much work left to do.

Walt