Old February 9th 19, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_4_]

Default GPS week rollover issue

At 03:16 09 February 2019, kinsell wrote:
On 2/6/19 7:57 PM, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 9:00:44 AM UTC-8, Jonathan Foster

wrote:
I just came across this interesting page:

https://www.orolia.com/resources/blo...gps-2019-week-

rollover-what-you-need-know

On April 6th of this year the GPS week will roll over and on some

older
instruments it could mess up the date. How many of our soaring

instruments
might have this problem?

I'm guessing that will be the final end of my 1994 Cambridge Model 10.

(It's already had the battery replaced, of course)

I've got a 1996 era Garmin backpacker gps still holding the correct
date. Internal battery was replaced under warranty about 22 years ago.

I'd be surprised if it suddenly got the wrong date on April 6, but
really doesn't matter anyway. Lots of old Volksloggers got hit with the
date problem, maybe they'd be more subject to failure if any of them are
still in use.

Most of the Volksloggers were made with the Garmin GPS25 Engine, same as
legacy Cambridge.