Old April 28th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Default Avionics Build It Yourself Manuals

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:41:37 -0700, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

So for 35 years now we've been putting out our kits with two printed manuals
per kit ... a
"operations and maintenance" and a "construction and assembly" manual. Each
of which costs us about $2 a manual. Not a big deal.

I've got a wild hair that we can put out a digital CDROM set of manuals that
will give COLOR pictures, video "how to", and a lot of other stuff on the
CDROM.

The other person in the company says that you all want print manuals.

Please vote:

1. I want a print (paper) set of manuals with my kit.

2. I want a CDROM with my kit that I can print out myself.

3. I want you to increase the cost of the kit by $5 and include both print
and CDROM with every kit.

Please, no other permutations. Print or CDROM. No other choices.

Jim

Jim for usability I prefer something that can be folded, tucked in the
blown power supply case that sits beside the soldering iron. you know,
wedged between the transformer and the two big capacitors... :-)

however for retrieval and storage a cd is best. the cd I can copy on
to the hard disk and it sits in the drawer taking up next to no space.

let your hair stream back in the breeze and go with your instincts :-)

Stealth Pilot
down under.