Old November 22nd 07, 11:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Default Excellent TV Piece on GA

Jay Honeck wrote:

The medical requirement is, quite frankly, a joke. The doc checks
your eyes, your heart, makes sure you can carry on a conversation, and
takes your check. Heck, you don't even have to "turn your head and
cough" to get signed off for a 3rd class medical.

Uhh.. my doc does a real thorough job when I get my 2nd class medical.
Blood pressure, temperature, height and weight, urine sample, felt all
over (literally) and yes, I even have to cough. I would not classify it
as a joke, I would call it a very thorough flight physical.