Old September 24th 04, 07:31 AM
C J Campbell

"C Kingsbury" wrote in message
k.net...

Here's a more practical way of putting it. You're at 14,000', which gives
you, let's just say, 10,000' to work with, which strikes me as a fair
amount.

Do you even bother trying? Is there a risk that the stall will tighten
and/or accelerate to the point that the CAPS will not deploy properly to
recover the aircraft?

There is no risk of that. Look, the airplane descended several thousand feet
before the pilot deployed CAPS. Surely he was attempting to recover during
that time? I simply do not understand this criticism of a pilot who was
following the published procedures in his aircraft manual.