Old October 26th 04, 07:36 PM
Tim Mara

please see:
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/lx_nav...ies_for_ip.htm
I have in stock LX and Filser cable sets for connection between iPaq and
LX5000, LX7000
tim

"Kevin Parker" wrote in message
om...
I, too, am interested in attaching a PDA (mine a Palm Tungsten T
running Soaringpilot) to the LX-5000 for gps output. I'm doing this
in a club glider and would prefer to make an attachment to the
connection on the panel, rather than to the back of the unit. Does
the panel connection output NMEA data? If so, does anyone know what
the pinouts are (TX, RX and ground) so that I can make a cord up?
Even better would be an additional pin for 5v out to keep the Palm
alive, but I'm assuming that's asking for too much.

Kevin Parker

"Ludovic Launer" wrote in message
Hello,

Looking at the LX navigation and Filser website (by the way what's the
relation between these two ?), there's one thing which isn't 100% clear
me:

I'll soon have a LX5000 FAI, and I'd like to connect my iPAQ running
winpilot to it.

If I look at the wiring diagram, they are 2 RS232 outputs:

- one for the PC with a binder type connector coming out of the
instrument
panel. OK, I'll use that to connect to a laptop

- one with a standard sub 9 connector which I guess I can use to output
the
NMEA sentences towards the ipaq ? and upload info the the LX5000 using
flyWithCE downloader ?
Is this correct ?

I saw that there was a "data spliter" available. I guess I only need that
if
I want to have NMEA output towards more than one unit, is that correct ?
Is the LX5000 - PC cable (with female binder connector) delivered with
the
unit ?

Regards,
Ludovic