Old October 27th 04, 06:18 AM
Clint

"Ludovic Launer" wrote in message ...
Hello,

Looking at the LX navigation and Filser website (by the way what's the
relation between these two ?), there's one thing which isn't 100% clear to
me:

I'll soon have a LX5000 FAI, and I'd like to connect my iPAQ running
winpilot to it.

If I look at the wiring diagram, they are 2 RS232 outputs:

- one for the PC with a binder type connector coming out of the instrument
panel. OK, I'll use that to connect to a laptop

- one with a standard sub 9 connector which I guess I can use to output the
NMEA sentences towards the ipaq ? and upload info the the LX5000 using
flyWithCE downloader ?
Is this correct ?

When I bought my glider - the 5-pin LX to PC cable was missing. I
removed the 5-pin plug and fitted a std 9 pin plug to connect to the
PC. To run my PDA - I need a simple 9-pin to 9 pin converter to cross
the TX in and out streams. Works fine but using the second RS232
output might eliminate the need for the cross-over cable. I had made
up the cross-over cable when I was still using a Garmin as a NMEA
source.

Clinton
LAK 12

I saw that there was a "data spliter" available. I guess I only need that if
I want to have NMEA output towards more than one unit, is that correct ?
Is the LX5000 - PC cable (with female binder connector) delivered with the
unit ?

Regards,
Ludovic