Old April 3rd 05, 06:48 PM
Marc Ramsey

Bob Fidler wrote:
Europeans are way ahead of US in competition using the Club Class Rules. If
we expect to compete with them in this class we need to score our US
regional contests using the Club Class Handicap Rules. I suggest all Sports
Class competitors be given the option to be scored using Club Class
Handicaps along with our Sports Class Handicaps.

It is not possible to give "all Sports Class competitors" the option to
use Club Class handicap rules, as many are flying gliders that not
permitted in FAI Club Class. Of course, it seems quite sensible to
calculate a separate score for those who compete in Sports Class using
Club Class ships, and to select the US Club Class Team based only on
Club Class scores...

Marc