Old March 2nd 14, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Oudie2 - V7 - PowerFlarm Core setup (cabling question)

On Sunday, March 2, 2014 12:02:33 PM UTC-7, ES wrote:
The V7 manual shows a few sample configurations, but not one with a PowerFlarm Core.

Are any special cables required?

Does the PF Core get its power through the V7 or does it require its own?

I know a guy that has this set up (Me). I powered the Core and the Oudie with the V7 which is the easier way to go. When I programed the Core I switched the ports so the RG port went to a LXNav Flarmview and the DB went to the V7. This way the V7 gets GPS from the Core and sends it to the Oudie (Along with TAS). Tell your supplier when you order your PF and V7 and they can supply the appropriate cablege