Old April 22nd 20, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default ASK-13 with social distancing mod

On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 10:01:39 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Having flown a PIK-20 with one undercarriage door missing, or a Dart 17R with the centre fairing accidentally fallen off, I agree the effect is worse than you hope (especially the Dart)

It would interesting to hear from one of the folks who have lost the rear canopy of an ASK-21 or PW-6 when flying solo. I'd expect that it would be a better L/D than the ASK-13 flying with two sport canopies.

A friend lost the unlatched rear canopy of a PW-6. It shattered on the vertical stabilizer. He said that he was picking up shards of plexiglass from the airfield for weeks.