Old May 10th 04, 10:21 PM
Dale

In article K5Qnc.65324$kh4.3882362@attbi_s52,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Colonel Bob Morgan, pilot of the famed "Memphis Belle" -- the most famous
B-17 Flying Fortress of World War II -- is currently in the hospital
following a bad accident. At his age injuries of any kind can be life
threatening, but in this particular case Bob actually broke his neck in a
bad fall at the Asheville Airport on April 22nd.

There is a tad more information he http://www.memphis-belle.com/

Very sad to hear this. I met him while my wife and I were crewing on
the Nine O Nine. I hope to be as sharp as him at 80+ years of age.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html