Old February 18th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

Default First-hand video of a BRS deployment.

Looked to me like the tow plane was evading. I'd agreee that the towplane
had a better view. Must have seen the Rans at the last second.

mike

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
"chris" wrote:

(the tow-plane appeared to be climbing as it passed in front,
left to right) and somewhere off to the right - the cowling or camera(!)
blocking the view of the other plane. And then there is all the ground
clutter the pilot in the higher plane has to process to see anything lower
that also happens to be nearly stationary with respect to the scenery.

So (and this is all speculation of course!) it seems to me the tow-plane
pilot might possibly have had the better view to "see and avoid" - since
there were no less than two planes above his altitude that he was heading
toward.