Old July 20th 04, 09:57 PM
SFM

"Hankal" wrote in message
Question to all who use Lightspeed headsets.

I used to be a user is it ok for me to answer? Those that have given them up
may offer a valuable viewpoint as you consider you purchase

I have been using Avcom headsets for the last 4 years. Only complaint is

the
pressure on the ears, even with GEL cups.

How do you like Lightspeed? Pro and Con.

I have owned 3 different lightspeeds headsets and I have used two fo them,
the third is still used by my wife.
The first on I had was a 15XL. Good performance, comfortable but I did hate
the size and the earcups were seperating from the earpieces after a year.
But LS was offering an trade up program to the 20-3G so I traded up. I
really hated that headset. The batteries kept falling out. The noise
reduction was not very good compared to the 15xl, there was an intermittent
buzzing. One of my co-workers had that headset and it failed completely on
him during a flight.

My wife's LS is a QFR and it broke within 5 hours of purchase while in
flight. Her microphone went dead.

In both of these cases LS fixed the problem for free and quickly but like
many others I wanted reliability not just a good repair. I did not want to
loos my headset functionality while IMC and then have to deal with the noise
in the cockpit, a hand mic and fly the airplane along with all the other
stuff. SO I went David Clark 13XL (new ANC box). So far I love it. It is
smaller and fits very well, I do not expeiernce the clamping problem and I
like that is has worked without issue since I got it.

Catch the wave!
www.hamwave.com

**"A long time ago being crazy meant something, nowadays everyone is
crazy" -- Charles Manson**
What is the best model for the best cost?
How do you rate the reliability?
Where is cheapest place to get one?

Hank 172 driver