Old June 13th 20, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Flying pants

On Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 9:50:51 AM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 4:58:29 AM UTC-7, wrote:
My Royal Robbins are finally dying. What have you guys liked in long convertible pants with good pockets for todays bigger phones?

Thanks

Kevin
92

Kevin

I use an old version of these pants by Duluth trading co. I have 2 shorts version and 2 pants version. The ones I have wear great, are tough as nails, don't keep a stain, dry fast, but are not the lightest clothes. I attached links to the new version and if I was to buy one today, I'd try the convertible model. The thing I like it the the cargo pockets have a zipper down the front that provides access while sitting and works great in the glider. The older version also has a front zipped pocket that I use for my billfold and is very secure.

After searching for these, I decided to buy the convertible and a pair of shorts.

Bruce BD

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-d...gid=mens-pants

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-d...gid=mens-pants

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-d...gid=mens-pants

Costco used to sell a similar pant. Very light-weight, and not very warm. But lots of pockets, and legs that zip off to make shorts. A lot cheaper too.