Old February 28th 21, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default US sectional charts online

Stratux has a couple of extra USB ports, IIRC. Maybe you could use a BT
dongle in one of those but it might require some programming.

Dan
5J

On 2/28/21 6:41 AM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Mike Schumann wrote on 2/27/2021 5:40 AM:
Today, I fly with FltPlan Go an an iPad. No more paper charts. This
app is totally free. It also runs on iPhones. A perfect solution.
Use a kneeboard iPad mount if you don’t have space on your panel.
Add an Ads-B receiver and get free weather radar, METARS, TAFs, and
TFRs, along with traffic.

Is there an ADS-B receiver using Bluetooth that works with it? My
iPhone wifi is dedicated to
Butterfly vario.

--

Google is your friend.Â* There are a number of dual frequency Ads-B
receivers on the market that use Bluetooth.Â* One is the Garmin GD-39.

I could only find two low cost Bluetooth units: the GDL-39 at $475, and
the Battery Systems at $450. I was hoping for something in the $250
range - how hard can Bluetooth be (I'm looking at you, Stratux)? Maybe
someone else will try one these before the season really starts, and
tell us how great it is.