Old June 25th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dylan Smith

Default How Beat The High Cost Of Fuel: The ElectraFlyer-C

On 2008-06-25, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
You mean the refueling accidents? That wasn't spontaneous, they both had
causes, static and wide cut fuel..

One incident I have in mind was a near empty centre tank combined with
an electrical fault - May 1990, Phillippine Air Lines (on the ground, 8
died). There was another one I remember more recently, but I can't find
any information about it (perhaps I've mentally duplicated the
Phillippine Air Lines incident).

All the Li-Ion batteries that have burned have had causes, too. (Faulty
charging circuitry in the main).

--
From the sunny Isle of Man.