Old October 3rd 15, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Initial CFI Exam

On Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 2:12:22 AM UTC-4, Greg Delp wrote:
Evan,

VT just had another CFIG camp this past week and two of Connecticut Soaring's members got their CFIG. One was an initial CFIG approved by the Windsor Locks FSDO for a DPE out of the area. The other I believe was an add on rating to a CFI certificate. If you'd like more details I can put you in contact with all the participants.

Thanks Greg -- I was one of the camp attendees :-). About which, more another time. It was a very good week.

Our DPE found himself unexpectedly without authorization for initial CFI. So we're starting from scratch on Monday with the Portland FSDO.

I'm mostly trying to find out if the FAA has ever conducted glider checkrides in the Northeast and who was involved.

best,
Evan Ludeman