Old October 25th 18, 07:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

Default What electronics are worth buying

I switched PLBs from ACR to McMurdo Fastfind Ranger. A motivating factor was periodic battery replacement. The first replacement battery had already used up over a year of its life on the shelf, but I did get a small credit when I complained. The second time around, the battery replacement quote was not that much less than a new Fastfind which is substantially lighter, more compact and has a longer battery life.

I gave my ACR to a ham radio operator who knows how to use a soldering gun.