Old March 22nd 19, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

Default US Sectional Charts

On Friday, March 22, 2019 at 2:58:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, March 22, 2019 at 3:36:13 PM UTC-4, 2KA wrote:

Thanks. I actually have an Android phone, could use Avare. But I don't want to overload the phone with too much going on. Already burdening it with IGCdroid etc. And I use Tophat on another device to actually navigate. I would still like to find a way to stitch the sectionals as images. I find it surprising that in 2019 we still can only get the official sectionals in their old paper-oriented tiles.

Take a look at Map Merge from OziExplorer.

https://www.oziexplorer4.com/w/

I believe that's exactly what you need to stich the maps. To save them in a format different from Ozi's proprietary one (e.g. TIF, JP2, PNG, JPG, ECW), you need to get the licensed version of Map Merge for $29.