Old March 24th 04, 07:38 PM
Michael

Orval Fairbairn wrote
jsmith wrote:
I may have the opportunity to ferry a Piper Pacer in the next 10 day
Can anyone provide the requisit v-speeds?

Be prepared for an aircraft with poor control feel, due to the bungee
interconnect between rudder and ailerons.

First off, there never was a bungee interconnect. The TriPacer has
(by default - there is an STC to remove it) a spring interconnect
between the rudder and aileron cables located directly aft of the
baggage compartment. The Pacer does not.

I've flown both, and for yank-and-bank I prefer not to have them. For
long XC (especially IFR) flight they are a blessing.

It has a rather high sink rate, due to a lot of drag and not a lot of
wing.

Actually, it's mainly the flaps; designed to get you into tight
obstructed strips with a minimum of fuss so of course that means high
sink rate. If you don't like the high sink rate, land flaps up.
Either way, approach speed is 75-80 mph. Watch it on the early models
- their Vfe is 80 mph!

A good place to get the limiting speeds is the TCDS - available on
line at
http://av-info.faa.gov/.

Michael