Old April 1st 18, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CWJr

Default Oxygen - Rent a system?

On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 3:42:26 PM UTC-5, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 1:17:30 PM UTC-7, CWJr wrote:
I need an O2 system for one week, and really don't want to have to purchase if one could be rented. Anyone know of such? I've seen medical supply houses that rent O2 bottle-reg-cannula system for a week. But from what I've seen, the regulator is only rated to 10,000 MSL, so no good for flying.

Not much info here. Which country and location do you want to rent at? For what glider? Is it equipped to hold an oxygen cylinder? What size? Do you have experience with aviation oxygen systems (if none you really want more handholding than just trying to rent a system). What capability/technology do you want? EDS? You are best off having that information ready and contacting glider operations/FBOs in the area you want to fly.

Thanks, Darryl. Got most of that worked out. Now just need to find out if anyone rents, or if the only option is to purchase. -CWJr