Old September 8th 03, 04:14 PM
tango4

It'll come a little sooner than that I think but I suspect there may be some
other interaction too. A bit like a PDA PTT otherwise the white noise in a
sailplane cockpit will continously be chewing processor power.

The other thing to consider is voice feedback. It may sound a bit silly but
you could concentrate outside the cockpit and interface to a PDA via a
joystick mounted or left hand keypad if the PDA was telling you what it was
up to.

Ian

"Ray Lovinggood" wrote in message
One feature I would like to see added: Voice command.
Especially useful when a task is changed when you
are already in the air. Eyeballs can stay focused
to things outside of the cockpit and the pilot just
simply (yea, right; everything is simple with computers...)
speaks to the instrument stating 'Change to Task B'
or 'New Task: turnpoints 1, 17, 31, 54' or whatever.

Maybe I can get that as standard on my LS (I mean DG)
22 when I order it in about 20 years?

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
LS (DG?) 1d