Old September 11th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Takeoff/Landing same direction?

Martin Eiler wrote:

(snip) Get the idea here?

Oh yeah! Actually, the question was simple and direct - is there
anything that specifies which way you have to land on an uncontrolled
airfield, given no wind or traffic. Some of the pilots hanging around
were sure that you had to land the same way you took off, etc. Others
disagreed. Argument (friendly) ensued.

But thanks for your helpful (if somewhat defensive - touch a nerve
there?) comments...

Update: The following day, the applicant and DPE successfully
completed the checkride, and we now have a new member to our sport.
Which is a good thing, since he is young and has a cute wife, who is
still willing to hang out at the gliderport while he flies.

Watched the whole thing, didn't understand the reasoning for all of it,
but the outcome was good in the end.

Kirk
66