Old November 27th 12, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Reitter

Default Battery plugs, etc.

I have switched my club and also my own glider to Anderson PowerPoles for power.

No issues with male/female connectors (unlike XLR). One criticism would be that they do not have strain relief on the cable insulation. But that's not been a practical issue. The other would be that they do not screw together to secure the connection (some aviation-grade connectors do), but that also makes is easier to connect/disconnect. So, practically, not a problem..