Old April 26th 04, 05:14 AM
Don Tuite

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 01:44:39 GMT, "Vaughn"
wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I think the chute is a great thing, in the case of
midair, loss of control, control failure etc. it provides a unique survival
option; but it should be no replacement for good flying qualities. Pulling the
chute not only terminates the flight, but guarantees damage to the airframe,
guarantees an off-field landing, guarantees unwanted publicity, and puts the
lives of the occupants and possibly even people on the ground in serious danger.
A capability for a normal spin recovery sounds like a much better idea.

Except spin recovery isn't part of the curriculum any more.

Don