Old August 31st 05, 04:06 PM
john smith

bdl wrote:
You'd probably have Police officers in the pile as well since it
appears that maybe some of them are joining in on the looting as well:

http://www.infoshop.org/inews/articl...50830150050234

Good quotes:

“When they say take what you need, that doesn’t mean an f-ing TV,” the
officer shouted to a looter. “This is a hurricane, not a free-for-all.”

Sandra Smith of Baton Rouge walked through the parking lot with a
12-pack of Bud Light under each arm.
“I came down here to get my daughters,” she said, “but I can’t find
them.”

Toni Williams, 25, packed her trunk with essential supplies, such as
food and water, but said mass looting disgusted and frightened her.
“I didn’t feel safe. Some people are going overboard,” she said.

Inside the store, one woman was stocking up on make-up. She said she
took comfort in watching police load up their own carts.
“It must be legal,” she said. “The police are here taking stuff, too.”
(Staff writers Doug MacCash and Keith Spera assisted in this story.)