Old September 4th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Protecting 123.3

On Sep 4, 1:31 pm, Burt Compton - Marfa wrote:
See AIM Chapter 4, Air Traffic Control, Table 4-1-3 "Other Frequency
Usage Designated by the FCC". I'm looking at the 2007 ASA FAR/AIM
publication.

Quoting the FAA's Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), 123.300 and
123.500 are listed for "Aviation Instruction, Glider, Hot Air Balloon
(not to be used for advisory service)."

Cindy Brickner at Caracole Soaring, California City, had a similar
issue with 123.3 recently and apparently got it resolved.

Cindy, over to you?

Burt Compton
Marfa, TX USA

OK Burt, apparently I need to review my AIM! or get better glasses