Old September 1st 08, 11:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Default Ren Yenc

Herman added these comments in the current discussion du jour

"Oviedo" schreef in bericht
yEnc is an encoding scheme, not a graphics format. It can be
used to post any type of binary. It's primary advantage is a
reduction in the as-posted size of a file by some 39% over
the more common Uuencode. It seems that the most often cited
reason for universal hatred of yEnc is that Outhouse
Depressed doesn't support it, a rather weak argument at
best.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on
Usenet

Speaking of weak arguements - I have seen examples of the
same post in jpg and ynec formats and the 39% doesn't hold
water. Maybe 3.9%, but no where near 39%.

And besides: With todays connections (whispers: broadband),
who needs these stupid compression programs?
Just post your pictures as is, of course after getting a
decent provider who will offer you a broadband connection. To
all you yEnc fans: wake up to the 21st century. You don't have
to use dial-up connections anymore. I have broadband. Next
month I will be connected to a glass-fibre network that is
being installed in the whole town I live in, so my connection
speed will be even higher. Stop farting around with your
stupid encoding end get a useful provider.

another stupid Luddite Outhouse Depressed owner speaketh. why
don't you just get a real news reader and you won't have to rail
against the users of yEnc any longer.