Old March 30th 04, 08:41 PM
Marcel Kuijper

"Clive" wrote:
What's the recognised route around the world. Planning on doing it in the
Baron.

I'm still halfway around in my DC-3.
Below you'll find my flightplan as it stands now. You can either fill it
from
there or just use some of the points.
The first leg (CYYT - LPCR) is crucial if you want to cross the Atlantic,
but crossing over Greenland is always an option. From there it's a piece
of cake making it to Iceland and the UK and the rest of Europe.
But I've come across some really nice and sometimes strange scenery.

Flying over New Zealand is a MUST!! Have fun at Mount Cooke (YMCO)!

CYYT - LPCR
LPCR - LPMA
LPMA - GQNC
GQNC - DRRN
DRRN - FCOK
FCOK - FLMW
FLMW - Z23K
Z23K - FIMP
FIMP - FJDG
FJDG - YPCC
YPCC - YSHK
YSHK - YCDU
YCDU - YMCO
YMCO - NZMC
NZMC - NZTG
NZTG - NIUE
NIUE - NTAA
NTAA - NTGJ
NTGJ - SCIP
SCIP - SCFX
SCFX - SLCC

To this point the trip is 22372.2nm, using 9420.9 gallons of fuel.
Total flighttime in the DC-3 (averaging FL170) is 111:11.52'

The plan from here is to fly up South America, over the Southern states
of the US and back up to St. Johns, New Foundland, Canada.

The real challenge is flying a straight line over both poles, or flying the
full length of the equator.

Have fun!
Marcel